6S Implementation Training
Chat to get a Free Quotation
- Private Class Price is Per Day not Per Pax
- Send 1 or 20 pax for the same price
- HDRF Claimable(SBL)
Private Class from
We’ve recognized for many years that good housekeeping is fundamental to a safe working environment. An organized workplace takes this foundation to a higher level.
“What you need – where you need it – when you need it – how safe is it”.
Why should we bother with the extra effort to be organized? After all, we have computer systems and information technology to help us organize our daily lives; moreover, today’s work pace is frantic, with constant change and personnel turnover. The problem is that in today’s information society, we get far more information than is needed, and it often collects in our offices, files and storage rooms. A hectic pace with constant change appears to be part of everyone’s future.
A more enlightened
approach is to organize the workplace where employees can do a job quickly and
safely. Sounds good – but how to do that with the crush of deadlines and
ever-increasing workload may seem insurmountable. A process proven for decades
in Japanese manufacturing industry and adopted by top companies offers a simple
solution. The process is known as 5S and Safety, and has easy steps that can be
applied in any environment.
- Explain the origins of 5S methodology
- Discuss the benefits of 5S principles
- Identify common hazards in the workplace and how to prevent them
- Identify special situations or individuals in the workplace that may require an emergency response different than the standard response
- Introduce and embed 5S and Safety changes to the workplace for sustained improvement
- How to design your workplace based on 5S and Safety principles
- Learn Techniques to prevent bad habits
- Help you identify hazards, assess risks and implement controls
- Reduce the likelihood of you being injured at work
- Reduce the likelihood of others being injured by your actions
Management team members who wish to implement the housekeeping and safe working practices across their organization. Engineers and Executives who are earmarked for implementation positions
- Delivery of the conceptual framework together with a demonstration of how various housekeeping activities tie up and form a complete whole
- Once a concept is understood, practical application is applied
- Once application is made clear, implementation can be executed at work place.
- Formats will be provided for many key application areas
- Participants will get the opportunity to carry out an actual 6S (applicable for private classes only)
- What is Housekeeping? Housekeeping defined
- The basic foundation to an effective and efficient work place
- The Kaizen culture – steps to reducing cost
- Prevention and correction – which is preferred?
- The role of 5S and safety in a safe work environment
- 5S and safety and its people – the most important relationship
- How to organize the work area for efficiency and effectiveness
- Sorting criteria
- How to designate “a place for everything &ensure everything is in its place”
- Considerations for establishing locations for storing rational, options, locations-specific tips, storage don’ts, using labels and signs & documentation
- Aspects of Seiso – getting the workplace clean, maintaining its appearance and using preventive measures to keep it clean
- Standardization and documentation
- What are the documentations to maintain the status and for improvement
- Sustaining techniques to prevent backsliding
- The level of achievement – key performance index for success measurement
- Radar chart for continuous improvement monitoring
- Hazards and safety at the shop floor
- Creating a work environment that is safe for the product as well as the employees.
- Downtime – a silent cost factor
- Understanding your work
- The 10-minute rule – before you start work and after you finish
- 11 tips for effective workplace housekeeping
- Follow-up and follow-through – ensuring success
- Rewards and penalties – a motivating tool