Behavioural Based Interviewing
Quorse - Your Training Wholesaler
- Enjoy discounts up to 60% off!
- Chat with us Live to get a Quotation to see it for yourself!
- All courses are HDRF Claimable
Private Class from
Upon completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the advantages and applications of using a competency-based behavioral approach, rather than gut feelings, to assess candidates
- Define the performance and technical skills required for success and develop effective interview questions
- Promote the job and the opportunity to attract and hire the best candidates
- Improve Interviewing Skills to conduct effective interviews
- Make the selection with an objective rating process
Introduced more than 30 years ago, behavioural interviewing is a time-tested technique in which interviewers ask potential candidates for specific examples of previous experiences.
Its premise is based on discovering how the interviewee acted in specific employment-related situations. The assumption is that how you behaved in the past will predict how you will behave in the future.
It helps to define a clear and effective selection process so that your selection team can gather and evaluate objective data from candidates to make an informed selection.
This course is suitable for HR professionals, hiring managers and anyone involved in the selection and hiring process.
This is a highly interactive training program, whereby participants are to gain the learning points through experiential activities.
- Managing the Logistics
- Identifying Organization Needs
- Job Analysis
- Identifying and Defining Core Competencies and Skill Sets That Are Measurable and Observable
- Four Stages of Contribution
- STAR Technique of Developing Interview Questions
- Rating System
- Pre-Screening Methods
- First Impression
- Various Forms Of Bias
- Understanding Yourself And Discovering Your Own Bias
- Predicting Performance
- Interview Process And Format
- Developing Rapport
- Explaining Behavioral Interviewing The Process
- Informational, Behavioral & Situational Questioning
- Effective Probing Techniques
- Strategy For Managing Challenging Situations
- Leading Questions & Evaluative Feedback
- Note-Taking Guidelines
- Set Clear Expectations
- Give An Accurate Job Preview
- Match Candidates Interest And Aspirations To What The Company Can Offer
- Selling The Company & Career Opportunity
- Skills, Aptitude, Values And Interest Match
- Common Evaluators Mistakes
- Rating Anchors
- Potential Risks & Development Needs
- Personal Impact
- Organizational Impact