Filing, Record Management And 5S
Quorse - Your Training Wholesaler
- Enjoy discounts up to 60% off!
- Chat with us Live to get a Quotation to see it for yourself!
- All courses are HDRF Claimable
Private Class from
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- To understand the proper interpretation of Record Control System suitable to your Quality, Environmental or Occupational Safety & Health Management System
- To be able to develop an Effective and Efficient Record Control System to the company's size, culture, complexity and needs
- Be able to classify files to meet company objectives
- Maintain proper files control to keep track of files
- Recommend and advice the company on proper filing equipment
- Formulate filing policies on retention and file transfer
- To help organizations build a culture of continuous improvement and a technique to maintain superior quality and environment using 5S improvement platform
- Effectively improve quality, environment, occupational health and safety, hygiene, productivity, image and improve competitiveness through effective 5S housekeeping methodology
In the modern industrial world records are indispensable for daily operations and activities. Accurate and reliable information is essential for nearly every transaction. Word of mouth, personal identification and memory are often insufficient to provide accurate information. Records are needed for identification and evidence of business transactions. Maintaining accurate records that can be retrieved is essential to the continuation of every business. Fast retrieval of records has become so important that it is a major concern in business which is highly competitive these days.
Mismanagement of records can be as hazardous for business as a disaster. The inability to find a necessary document, the misplacement of orders, or the misfiling of important document all will lead to a waste of time and money, as well as customer dissatisfaction. Whereas 5-S on the other hand which goes hand in hand with filing and record management is a housekeeping program, an integral part of the Lean process. The 5-S are Sort, Straighten/Arrange, Sweep, Standardize and Sustain (through training). When 5-S is performed as the first step of a Lean effort, processes become more visible and identified “trash" is cleaned out. While change is often perceived with a sense of apprehension, participants in the 5-S program begin to taste change as something that can be positive and even fun.
5-S clearly communicates that management is willing to allow the employees to be involved in the process of change. The goal of the program is to have a plant and office area that is customer ready at all times. 5-S creates a neat, clean and orderly facility that will become a source of lasting pride for all employees.
This program is designed for managers, senior executives and departmental heads who wish to familiarize themselves with Lean Management concept and acquire the ability to use the Lean tools to improve quality.
This program is participative and practical, emphasizing learning through lectures, exercises and case study
- Program Objective
- Program Content
- The Need For Information Management
- Record / Document Life Cycle
- Record Control Clause For ISO 9001, ISO 14001 And OHSAS 18001
- Definition Of Documents & Records
- Difference Between Documents & Records
- Records Needed ISO 9001
- Effective Record Control Methods
- Filing System And Classification
- Master List For Records
- Record Numbering System
- Accessing Records
- Updating Record
- Control Of Obsolete Records
- Filing Equipment, Facility And Layout
- 5S Practices In The Office
- Preventing Non-Conformities Issued Against ISO 9001, ISO 14001 And OHSAS 18001
- File Retention
- Techniques Of File Control
- How To Manage Active And Inactive Files
- How To Choose Proper Filing Equipment
- Transfer Of Files
- Computer Application At Workplace
- (Online And Electronic Document Management)
- What Is 5S?
- Understanding The Philosophy And Power Of 5S
- What Leads To An Untidy Workplace?
- Key Factors For Successful 5S
- Common Concerns – Roadblocks
- Workshop: Promotional Activities For 5S
- Step By Step Implementation Of A 5S Program
- Drawing Layout Of Workplace For Planning 5S
- What Leads To Unnecessary Items To Accumulate?
- Presentation By Team Members On 5S Activities Carried Out
- List Of Activities
- Activity Plan
- Before Photographs
- After Photographs
- Company’s 5S Implementation Plan- Motivate To Sustain
- Review And Comments Of Photographs Of 5S Practices In Successful Companies
- Preparation Of 5S Audit Checklist Questions
- Visit Of Areas Where 5S Activities Were Carried Out By The Teams
- Feedback On Areas Visited