Supply Chain Mgmt
Warehouse & Logistics
Fraud & Risk Mgmt
Account Principles & Practices
Negotiation Skills For Purchasers
Chat to get a Free Quotation
- Private Class Price is Per Day not Per Pax
- Send 1 or 20 pax for the same price
- HDRF Claimable(SBL)
Private Class from
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- The criticality of preparation and planning in successful price negotiations
- Advanced negotiation skills sets
- Methods in preparing to negotiate price
- About cost drivers and market changes that can reduce price
- Total Cost of Ownership Concepts
- Combining Price Negotiations with other important issues
- How to work with Cost Estimating Relationships?
- The elements of cost that make up the price
- Defining The Negotiation Objectives
- Establishing initial positions
The price is the most common issue negotiated between buyer and seller. But according to salespeople, buyers generally do little more than just say the seller’s price is too high and must be reduced - a strategy sellers are very prepared to deal with. Buyers must level up their negotiation skills by being able to sell the supplier on why the seller’s price is too high.
This is the strategy used by procurement personnel with advanced skills to bring significant savings to their organization. This workshop is designed to provide advanced techniques and tools to create expert negotiators who bring high confidence and abilities to price negotiations with suppliers and contractors for goods, equipment, and services.
This is an intensive negotiation program and it is suitable for purchasing, materials management, operations, engineering, marketing, finance and customer support professionals who are stakeholders in the Purchasing process.
This is a highly interactive training programme, whereby participants are to gain the learning points through lecture, case study and experiential activities.
- Why Are We Here?
- Advanced Negotiation Skill Sets
- Just Asking For A Better Price
- What To Negotiate?
- The ABC Analysis - Are We An A, B, Or C Customer?
- When Does The Negotiation Start?
- The Most Important Thing To Remember In Negotiations
- The History Of Past Negotiations
- Understanding The Suppliers Cost Structure
- Determining The Major Cost Drivers
- Understanding Market Indexes
- Developing Cost Estimating Relationships
- Developing The “Should Cost” To Use In The Negotiation
- Steps In Resisting Price Increases
- Defining Other Issues That Can Be Used To Negotiate Price
- Determining Initial Positions
- Negotiation Objectives Diagram
- Negotiations Planning Forms
- Final Preparation
- Determine Strategies
- Power Closes That Are Used On The Buyer
- Negotiation Tactics And Countermeasure
- Post Review And Analysis