Personal Data Protection Act 2010
Quorse - Your Training Wholesaler
- Enjoy discounts up to 60% off!
- Chat with us Live to get a Quotation to see it for yourself!
- All courses are HDRF Claimable
Private Class from
Upon completion of this programme, the participants will be able to:
- Gain awareness of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the 7 principles)
- Register with the Data Protection Commission
- Gain understanding of the law related to consent from existing & future employees
- Undertake audit on employment, patient, customer, sales, vendor and other documentation, which requires changes under this Law
- Understand storage procedures of personal & private data (local & overseas)
- Draft Plans based on Checklist for Your Organization
- Draft Personal Data Protection Notice and Consent
- Customize the documentation to reflect the current law
- Receive guidance on the legal language used in the sections and the Notice
- Receive meticulous guidance and legal analysis on the use of the law to individual department's operation to ensure there is no future breach occurs.
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 came into force on 15 November 2013 and in essence seeks to regulate the processing of personal data of individuals involved in a commercial transaction setting by data users.
It maps out several protective measures to safeguard private and personal data of the consumers and individuals (data subjects).
Section 145 of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 stated that all data users must comply with the provisions of this Act within three (3) months (February 15th 2014) from the date of coming into operation of this Act.
In this awareness program, we look at some of the key compliance issues surrounding data protection and the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. Noncompliance attracts hefty fines of up to RM500, 000.00 per offence or a 3-year jail term or both. The people responsible will be HR Managers and equivalent, GMs, MDs, Directors, CEOs, as well as COOs.
This program is suitable for General Managers, MDs, CEOs, COOs, Managers and all from HR, Finance, IT, Purchasing & Sales and all Staff handling Data.
This stimulating program will maximize the understanding and learning through Lectures / Practical Work, Notes / Workshops and Post-Course Assessment.
- Introduction To Personal Data Protection
Act 2010 (PDPA):
- Discussion On Restriction And Criteria Of PDPA 2010
- The Background Of The Act
- The Primary Objective Of The Act
- Discussion Of The Pertinent Sections Of The Act
- Cross-Referencing All Other Relevant Sections
- How Hard Is It To Comply?
- What Is Consent?
- When Do You Need To Seek The Consent Of Data Subject
- How Do You Seek Consent?
- What, When And How Is Notice Served?
- Guidelines On How To Draft A Notification
- Guidelines On How To Draft A Consent Form
- Samples Given
- What Not To Do When Drafting Notification
- Disclosures To Third Parties
- Online Transfer Of Information
Personal Data Security Guidance (As required under the Personal Data Protection Regulation 2013)
- Discussion on Personal Data Security Guidance E.G. Personal Data Retention Policies, Access Control, Access Authentication, Logs and Audit Trails amongst Those That Will Be Dealt With.
- What To Do In The Event Of Breach Of Security
- Compliance With Data Access Request
- Circumstances And Notification Of Refusal
- Compliance When Data Is Inaccurate,
Incomplete, Misleading or Not Up To Date.
- 2-Stage Proposed Action Plan – How Personal Data Protection Law Applies To Your Organization
- What Can And Cannot Be Done With Staff And Customer And Guest Information
- Ideas On Personal Data Protection Management
- Discussion On Privacy Impact Assessment
- Major Component Checklist for Organizations.
- Discussion And Drafting Plans (Customizing)
Based On Personal Data Protection Checklist For Your Organization:
- Consent, Purpose And Notification Obligations
- Use Of Personal Data
- Disclosure Of Personal Data
- Access & Correction Obligations
- Accuracy Obligation
- Security Obligation
- Retention, Transfer And Openness Limitation
- Contingency Plan In The Event Of Breach
- Discussion And Drafting On Personal Data
- What The Personal Data Protection Statement Explains
- Your Commitment To Your Clients
- Defining Personal Information
- What Type Of Personal Information Collected
- When And How You Collect Your Personal Information
- Incomplete Information
- Your Obligation
- Other Relevant Sections
- Activities On Drafting In Relation To Respective
- IT Department On Security Guidance On Data Protection
- Access Control For Staff Dealing With Personal Data In All Departments