Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) & Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Training
Chat to get a Free Quotation
- Private Class Price is Per Day not Per Pax
- Send 1 or 20 pax for the same price
- HDRF Claimable(SBL)
Private Class from
This intensive course provides comprehensive training in the understanding and managing the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) including a review of provisions and requirements, meeting customer requirements, control plan preparation and more. The "hands-on" program includes lectures, workshops and a case study to increase participant knowledge and learning.
This course is also available with or without the IATF 16949:2016 Technical Specification and may be used in its original presentation format or it may be customized by referring to the degree of business nature.
- Understand the PPAP & APQP processes and requirements.
- Apply hands-on approach to PPAP and APQP, and its relationship to project management and status reporting to give the knowledge and skills needed to introduce new products and processes smoothly.
- Use the process management to achieve standardization and improvement using Process Flow Diagrams, Design/Process PFMEA and Control Plans.
Department, Section Heads, Engineers, Supervisors, Technicians and Line Leaders
Presented via interactive lecture, practical hands-on activities, group and individual presentations.
- Product quality planning cycle
- APQP system diagram
- The responsibility matrix in APQP
- Workshop I: Multidisciplinary Team Strategy
- Product quality planning timing chart
- Phase element input/output
- Team feasibility commitment sign-in
- Workshop II: Identifying the activities needed
- Project management and timing plans
- Defining project scope and requirements
- Product design and development
- Process design and development
- Product and process validation and control plans
- Workshop II: Defining the APQP Protocols in Action
- Setting the design and development goals
- Deployment of Voice-of-Customer
- Special characteristics matrix
- Workshop III: Product Design Verification for DFM/DFA
- Day 1 Wrap-up
- Product and process measurement and monitoring
- Process Capability Studies
- Team feasibility commitment sign-off
- Workshop V: Product and Process Validation
- Correction, corrective and preventive actions
- Linkages with FMEAs, SPCs and MSAs
- Management review, customers’ feedbacks and continual improvement
- Workshop V: Understanding Remedial, Reactive and Proactive Actions
- Types of control plans and their applications
- Establishment of control plans
- Relationships between control plans with other engineering core tools
- Workshop VI: Completing the Control Plan
- Customer notification and submission requirements.
- Submission levels of evidence.
- Submission status.
- Record retention requirements.
- PPAP document requirements
- Workshop VII: Completing the Part Submission Warrant
- Q&A Session
- Course Evaluation