Report Writing Skills For Technical People
Chat to get a Free Quotation
- Private Class Price is Per Day not Per Pax
- Send 1 or 20 pax for the same price
- HDRF Claimable(SBL)
Private Class from
Upon completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Write clear, effective technical documents and reports to get the desired response from readers.
- Assess target audience and develop documents for the right results.
- Choose the appropriate writing style to communicate effectively to enable the reader take quicker action.
- Organize data, logs and journals into readable reports
- Label diagrams, tables, charts and other graphical tools effectively for ease of understanding.
- Reduce writing time by organizing the information quickly.
Technical people, managers and executives often need to write high-quality reports and proposals to readers who are non-technical. Whether you are writing a financial report, investigative report, project report or maintenance report, effective technical writing is now a critical component of clear and concise communication to your readers. Whilst it takes time and skill to communicate specialist information to others, your skills in report writing is necessary to reduce the time it takes to write a report that gets results.
In this 2-day program, you will learn how to incorporate text, data, drawings and charts into your report writing following a few basic rules of communication for a clearer and more effective report.
This workshop aims to give participants an understanding of the importance of clear and effective communication in technical documentation. Participants will also learn how to:
- Organize material by purpose and audience;
- Define the elements of writing steps and procedures;
- Improve the appearance of their technical documents; and
- Use key words and phrases correctly, precisely and concisely for impact.
This program is suitable for Engineers & Technical Personnel, Heads of Department, Project Coordinators, Manager, Executives, Supervisors, Administrators, Officers and Support Staff , Line Managers, Sales & Marketing Professionals, Technical Assistants and all those who need to create a clear and concise high-quality technical document and reporting.
Level for Executives and above
Training will be conducted in the form of interactive lectures, writing exercises and critical analysis of written material.
Participants are encouraged to bring along samples of technical reports for discussion.
- Intent, Type And Purpose Of Business
- Informational Reports
- Analytical Reports
- Progress Reports
- Feasibility Reports
- Planning The Report
- Terms Of Reference
- Structuring And Sequencing With The Reader In Mind
- Writer And Reader Challenges
- Use Vocabulary That Helps Understanding And Gets Results
- Correct Sentence Structure And Grammar
- Punctuate For Clear Presentation
- Use Precise Words And Expressive Phrases
- Develop A Persuasive Tone To Reinforce
- Write Cohesive Paragraphs
- Define The Community
- Focus On The Outcome
- Free Writing
- Use Key Thought Words To Organize Information
- Map The Information
- Stand Back And Change Hats
- Check For Grammar, Spelling And Mechanics
- Visual Presentation
- Use And Design Visual Aids Intelligently
- Design Layout
- Design Effective Pages
- Choose Readable Fonts
- Use Of Headings
- Title Graphics Effectively
- How A Report Is Commonly Structured – Beginning, Middle And End
- Choosing The Best Format For Your Purpose
- What To Include
- Why Editing Is Essential
- Detailed Cutting And Rewriting
- Who Does What And When
- Group Writing Task Of Report